1. I am equal parts a quitter and stubborn-ass. There's pretty much no middle ground. Either I want to give up or I'm going to follow this to the end just to prove that I am going to do this.
2. I cannot recall my parents ever saying that I was pretty. They put much more emphasis on the value of the mind and the personality of a person. Only now that I'm much older does my mom say, "You're pretty." (And I'm not saying that I am pretty, I just can't look at myself that way generally. It's only occasionally that I say to myself, "oh, you look good!")
3. When I finally got my driver's permit, I developed this peculiar phobia of cars. They terrified me; I just saw them as huge dangerous weapons. It took me a year or so to get over it.
4. I do not drink coffee, or tea, or soda. I rarely ever have juice either, only when I'm sick or when I'm staying over at someone's place. My drink of choice is water.
5. As a child, I had a brief stint in ballet. Close to a year? Not my thing. Preferred much more violent pursuits, like chasing and roughing up boys. Call it tough love? (Note: I do not beat Damian. Don't go around calling the police, ok?)
6. I actually have memories of my first Christmas. People say it's impossible, but I do. I remember my mom putting me under a very seventies-style artificial silver tree and surrounded by presents. I thought I had imagined it until I saw a picture that confirmed what I had experienced.
7. I have this fashion peeve with exposed platforms. I cannot wear a shoe with an exposed platform.